TEACHER OF MUSIC - MYP (Part-time contract - 60-80%)
Part-time – 16-20 Period(s)
- Teach music in secondary school, within the context of a Middle Years Programme curriculum. Classes are of mixed ability. The post holder will report to the Head of Arts.
- The successful applicant will have a recognized teaching qualification at graduate or postgraduate level and be a proficient musician.
- Qualified teacher with a degree relevant to the subject
- Outstanding classroom practitioner with excellent track record
- Has skills for electronic music and music production
- Experience with the IB Middle Years Programme would be advantageous
- Engagement with performing arts productions, band and choir at the school
- Will work with a team of dedicated Arts teachers
- Create and deliver engaging lessons for all learners
- Good piano skills
- The ability to teach drama/english/film could be an advantage
- Proficient ICT skills such as being a Google Educator Level 1 as we are a school that uses Google Workspace for Education as our core digital tools and more specifically music production software.
- Has a holistic approach to Education
- Will take an active role in pastoral care as a mentor of students
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Mr Jamie Williams, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations Campus by 17th February 2023 mentioning the reference number 430 192.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.