To complete our team at Pregny, we are looking for a
CLASSROOM TEACHER - Full-time (one year sabbatical leave) - for 1st September 2017 to 31st August 2018
- Plan for learning, deliver lessons and learning experiences, evaluate and document learning.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan and develop the most effective child-centred teaching and learning strategies
- Ascertain the holistic and specific learning needs of the students based on effective and ongoing evaluations
- Willingness to contribute to the whole school and wider community
- Demosntrate an ongoing commitment to continued professional development.
Professional experience required:
- Internationally recognized teaching certification (with specialisation in Early Years of Primary)
- Early years (pre-reception, reception, Year 1 or Year 2) teaching experience essential
- Have training and experience in the IB Primary Years Programme or in an inquiry-based classroom
- Have experience of working in an international school and/or multicultural environment.
Personal attributes required:
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity and passion for teaching and learning with a drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- Be able to manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively supported
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and parents
- English mother tongue with a good knowledge of French.
Candidates are required to apply online using the link below and providing their CV, three contact details of referees and a covering letter addressed to Miss Becci Lee, Principal of Early Years, Campus des Nations – Pregny, International School of Geneva Applications by 28th March 2017, (mentioning the reference number: 440027).
The International School of Geneva is committed to the protection and safety of its students, we rigorously check the employability of potential future collaborators.