The International School of Geneva offers a rich and varied sports program. It is open to everyone regardless of their sporting level, Unlike most other international schools our sports program is not organised by season, but is spread throughout the year. Students can thus make real progress in one or two sports of their choice. Our coaches are very attentive that each participant:
- Takes pleasure in a sporting activity
- Makes new friends and develop social skills
- Improves its level of fitness with the trainings requirements
- Understands the principles from the training sessions to the competitions (attendance, punctuality, concentration, listening, respect its commitments vis-à-vis his teammates, the staff and opponents)
- Expresses its full potential through challenging situations he will face in the regular trainings and tournaments.
Our coaches are educators who actively contribute to the educational goals of our Foundation. Sport is a positive vector if not limited to winning trophies. This is something that our school values and we are proud to have on our three campuses between 700 and 900 students practicing each week throughout the year after school, one or two competitive sports.
For boys and girls:
For girls only:
For boys only:
Most of our teams train once or twice a week with qualified and experienced coaches specialists in their sport. The trainings are organised by age group and teams compete regularly throughout the year in tournaments or championships.
We participate in many competitions as Ecolint belongs to several international private school sports leagues:
- The Ligue du Lac includes six international private schools located near Lake Geneva.
- The ADISR includes all private schools in the French speaking part of Switzerland
- SGIS represents all private schools in Switzerland.
We have also established partnerships with a number of European and international schools and each year we play international tournaments abroad in most sports. Finally, our three campuses also organise inter-campuses sporting events to complete the offer.
We do not organise tryout sessions or selections of the players to build the best team. Everyone is welcome and can participate in our competition program. If we have many students in a category, we create several teams with several coaches. The best team will play the highest competition; other teams participate in local tournaments or inter-campus.
To go further
We have also developed relationships with local sports associations. The high level young athletes, who want to do more, will be directed to the best clubs in Geneva.